|Hiring the Astor Johnson Repertory Dance Theatre
of Trinidad and Tobago
Current availability for touring:
September and October 2008.
Guide for Potential Clients and Collaborators
Thank you for your interest in the Astor Johnson Repertory Dance Theatre of Trinidad and Tobago. Please see below a list of our performance requirements.
We perform in professional theatrical and dance events, as well as a limited number of charity events per year. We are adaptable to many performance situations, but in order to ensure the safety of our performers and to ensure that our clients get a polished performance, we require the following basic amenities:
1. A clean, dry dance surface clear of food, stones, furniture, musical instruments and technical properties (unless these are an integral part of our presentation) and projections. We also need to know, before the performance:
- Accurate dimensions of the dance area or stage, in feet.
- Dance floor composite, i.e., wood, carpet, cement, etc.
- Height and material composite of the ceiling over dance area
- Entrances and exits from the dance area
- Entrances and exits from the building (if performance is indoors)
2. For outdoor venues: A covered space or, if not covered, an alternative dance area in case of inclement weather.
3. Two private dressing areas – one for male performers and the other for female performers (min. 100 sq. ft. each) with adequate light and mirrors (min. 288 sq. ins.) and normal room temperature.
4. A warm-up area – indoor or enclosed, room temperature, approximately 200 sq. ft.
5. Convenient access to bathroom facilities and running water.
6. Adequate security for AJRDT personnel and property.
7. A well-lit performance area. If applicable, we would also like the contact name and phone number of lighting designer and operator for the event so that we may discuss specific technical needs directly.
8. A sound system that can play CDs and cassette tapes at a volume adequate for the performance space. If applicable, we would also like the contact name and phone number of the sound designer and operator for the event so that we may discuss specific technical needs directly.
TRAVELLING TO YOUR VENUE, we need:
1. Complete directions for, and map to, performance location.
2. Unloading space near venue entrance.
3. Safe, comfortable transportation to and from Port of Spain, Trinidad to wherever the performances are to be held (this includes other parts of Trinidad). This could also include ground, air and/or boat transportation depending on the location of the event.
4. Hotel accommodation, for two (2) AJRDT members per room, if performance requires overnight stay.
5. Per diem or other coverage of food costs if the performance requires more than 8 hours in total time (both travel and performance time).
6. Work visas, if applicable.
TO MAKE YOUR PERFORMANCE THE BEST POSSIBLE, we need:
- A formal introduction by the hosting party.
- Adequate time for a technical rehearsal.
- A signed contract and deposit. Fee structure and technical requirements will be determined on a contract-by-contract basis.
- ALL DETAILS REGARDING THE PERFORMANCE AT LEAST TWO WEEKS IN ADVANCE OF THE PERFORMANCE DATE!
This is critical. The sooner you can provide contact information, directions, stage information, and other logistics about your event, the better we can serve you.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INFORMATION
Recording of the company’s work in any format (photographs, videos, etc.)
Like any other dancers, choreographers, singers, actors, musicians, or visual artists, we wish to protect our intellectual property and maintain some control over how and when our image is displayed. Photos and video may be taken with written permission from the Artistic Director, otherwise we do not allow photos and video.
Performance of Works
Permission to perform the works of Astor Johnson is to be sought from Ms. Norma Charles; permission from all other works is to be sought from the individual choreographers. Please contact the AJRDT business office for details.
If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact us at 1-868-622-7757 or write The Business Manager, Astor Johnson Repertory Dance Theatre, P.O. Box 3330, Diego Martin, Republic of Trinidad and Tobago, The Caribbean.